Tuesday, June 10, 2008

He Chooses Not to Remember...I Should Too!

Wow, I don't know about you but from time to time I am struck hard by a very basic biblical principal. Things that I have been taught through the years suddenly now sink it. How humbling, how beautiful that He would choose to be part of my life, to speak to me so clearly through His word.
I have this tendancy to hang on. I don't hang onto the good stuff though...at least not all the time. I hang on to the stupid things I have done or said. I hold on and remind myself of them often, far too often. Wow, you can sure inflict a lot of unnecessary pain on yourself that way. It hurts my heart now when I think of it - I can only imagine what it does to His. It stinks of unbelief, of mistrust, of doubt. I want to be a fragrant offering to Him but not THAT kind of fragrance.
You know what my Bible says???! God CHOOSES NOT TO REMEMBER MY SIN! Oh my goodness, how many times I have heard that and it is only sinking in in this season of my life. I can imagine it must be hurtful to Him when he sees me dragging it up again and again. Don't you remember dear, I chose not to remember that? Why are you dragging that up?
Hebrews 8:12 tells of His mercy, that he will remember their sins no more
Isaiah 43:25 says "I, even I, am the one who wipes out your transgressions for My own sake, And I will not remember your sins.

No comments: